Enterprise Data Management projects are such big and risky undertakings – how can we get quicker results, reduce risk and lower both our implementation and ongoing costs?
For many firms, enterprise data management projects can appear daunting in terms of their cost, size and complexity. By their nature, they are often quite intrusive to the overall IT architecture and supporting business processes. Certainly, the combined acquisition and ongoing costs of some EDM products, the application of specialist IT and consultancy resources to implement them and 12 month plus initial project timescales will add up to a significant spend for most firms. Whilst firms are looking to drive down their operating costs at the same time as having to ensure that they are meeting new regulatory standards and practices, it is unsurprising that investment for data management projects may be difficult to justify from a cost and risk perspective.
With this background and likely operating environments in the future, it is evident that the next generation of data management tools needs to be much more business focussed, more agile in support of business requirements, less intensive in terms of IT implementation and support resources – and overall cheaper and lower risk to implement and maintain.
Simply put, Curium is ‘next generation’ data management technology. New to the industry but already proven at leading financial services companies, it combines innovative features and functions within a technology framework that is quicker, easier, cheaper to implement and maintain than any equivalent data management solution – proven.
Simply put, Curium is ‘next generation’ data management technology.
So how is this achieved?
Curium is designed differently to other EDM toolsets:
- Curium separates the data management business processes from the physical data architecture through the application of abstract data models. Curium will integrate with as much of the existing data environment as possible. Therefore, firms can introduce new data processes including comprehensive data quality management, often with no changes to the underlying data architecture.
- In cases where Curium is being implemented to create a single point of truth, complexity and risk around data matching and mastering is significantly reduced by separating the data transformation logic from the mastering business logic. This separation of data rules and business rules is easier to implement, maintain and extend but also gives business users more transparency and understanding over the accuracy and quality of the constructed data sets for which they are accountable.
- Curium is designed as a business application rather than an IT toolset. Many of the implementation tasks are business led configuration exercises and do not require specialist IT skills. Much of the implementation can be carried out by data management business users and data analysts. Once configured against the firm’s data sets, the business process and workflow functions are available to the business user – ‘out of the box’.
- All data configuration and business logic is exposed or made visible through the UI, reports and the business intelligence module and can be interpreted and understood by business users – hence easy to extend, maintain and adapt to meet the business requirements.
- Curium can be phased in across business and data requirements – there is no requirement for a big bang approach. The EDM process can be proven across a subset of both data and process before extending to incorporate other data sets and data management processes – an approach that attracts lower risk and generates earlier deliverables.
- Business process and rule definitions can be tested against the abstract data models as they are configured. Quick to build, adapt and match to meet the business requirements – lower risk of failed deliverables and lower implementation effort.
Curium gives you choices and options that bring a range of data management process improvements within the grasp of any budget and for any size and complexity of financial services firm. From ‘light touch’ data quality oversight through to a comprehensive data management control and governance system, Curium is the most cost effective option available – proven!
Curium – Innovative data solutions for real business needs